Good morning all!
Today we want to share a little bit more with you about The Hub, and it’s manager Cali Johnson. In case you aren’t aware, The Hub provides an after-school solution and a path to success for your student. Conveniently located next to Harrison Shopping Center, The Hub has a per-visit fee where students check in with a professional coach to:
- Privately review grades
- Address any missing assignments
- Review teacher websites and Blackboard
- Update student calendars and agenda
- Create a to-do list for that night of both assigned homework as well as needed studying
Once students are checked in, they:
- Hand over their cell phones and computer so that they can focus on their work (we have WiFi and computers if needed for their assignments)
- Grab a free snack and drink if they want
- Choose a space to work
- Ask any questions they have about their work
- Stay as long as they like
How do we keep all of this running smoothly? One reason is our wonderful manager Cali Johnson!
“I grew up in a small town just south of Charlotte, N.C. After high school I attended Clemson University, earning a Bachelor’s Degree in Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
Shortly after graduating from Clemson, I accepted a position managing Morningside Training Farm, a large three-day eventing facility, which brought me to the Northern Virginia area and eventually led me to Linder Educational Coaching.
During my time at Clemson I worked multiple jobs for barns in the area to pay for board, lessons, and competitions within the sport of eventing. Time management and organization became very important to maintain my work schedule, juggle my riding and competitions, and keep up with a demanding school schedule.
I am excited to be a part of the Linder Educational Coaching team and look forward to working with students at The Hub to develop strong workmanship and organizational skills that they will use both in school and later on in their chosen career paths.”